Friday, May 30, 2014

April Glossybox

Glossy Box dropped the ball in April. I don't remember exactly when I got my box.. but it was not in April. I also did not receive an e-mail letting me know of any delays, and no compensation for the long wait. On top of that I had planned to take the product surveys for glossy dots, and use said glossy dots for my May box to be free. Instead, because the box was so late, I was charged for May before I even received April or had the chance to redeem points. 

I'm not going to provide links or referral links because honestly I feel that Glossy Box has taken a turn for the worst lately. The products are just eh. Not the high end, beautifully curated box that lured me in.




I really ended up enjoying Aqua Spa's Relax Body Creme in Lavender Chamomile  2 oz-$1.75. A lot of customers were very let down by this Wal-Mart brand hand creme. I completely agree that it is not something I would expect from Glossy Box. Now if I had bought this for the $1.75 I'd be enthralled. I love this smell, and I have it right next to my bed to use before I sleep. 


We received a full sized LASplash Comestics Splashproof Sealer Eyeshadow Base -$9.00.  I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion so this would never even compare. Not even close. I did use it for several days and by the end of the day I had significant creasing.

Also included was a full sized BellaPierre Cosmetics Super Gloss in Vanilla Pink -$24.00. I haven't opened this yet because I literally have dozens of lip glosses. I'm just not sure how many more I can handle. I try to use a different one every day but I have too many.


Something that was varied was  1 oz of Caldrea's body wash -$1.50. I got the scent of  Tea Olive Lime and I was kind of hesitant. I don't think the name (or at least the olive part) gives a good head image. But I am pleased to report that this is such a lovely scent and smells nothing like olives. I even swapped for a full sized moisturizer.


Lastly is Ciate's Paint Pot in Skinny Dip -$15.00. I was very happy to receive this brand since I have never tried them before. I was worried that the cute packaging was going to be all for show and that the polish would be lack luster. Not the case. Love this. I really would have preferred a more summery color, I think this is a little more Halloween than summer. But the formula was great, the color was bright and smooth and opaque in one coat. And this with a top coat was very long lasting! About 5 days without chips! Now that is impressive.




The total value for this box is about $51.25. That is a good value for the $21.00 it cost, but I wasn't wowed. I just wasn't feeling it. And I really own so many beauty products at this point that I have been giving them away.. so why am I paying for them?

I'm really interested in more house hold, gift,  and accessory subs that I can use more in my daily life than 200 lip glosses. If you want to recommend any.. that'd be cool. 






No comments:

Post a Comment