Saturday, May 31, 2014

May Birch Box

I'm not going to go into too much detail about May's Birch Box. Just going to show you what I got and bust out a few opinions.


May's box was partnered with Kate Spade Saturday. The box itself had the signature stripes and bright yellow tissue paper. It also included a $25.00 gift card that expires in July. $25.00 at Kate Spade won't getcha much so I am holding onto it until some items I like go on sale.

Everyone got 2 Smarty Pants Gummy Vitamins. A package of these is expensive! Wow. Like 30 something bucks. That's crazy. These tasted way too much like a vitamin and the serving size is 6 gummy pieces. The ones I usually take are only 2 pieces and taste much better. Pass.


This Marcelle BB cream is dark on my ivory complexion. I really have to smooth it in for a long time for it to blend at all.  I also got Cynthia's Rowley's eyeliner in Silver. I don't use silver eye liner because I am blonde w/ green eyes and ivory skin. Light colors wash me out, I pretty much stick to warm colors.


I know this shampoo and conditioner is super expensive. I haven't tried it and I've got it stashed for my next vacation.


This lotion is Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy and it smells very light, beachy, and airy. I really like it but I won't be repurchasing. It kind of smells weird when it is rubbed on the skin.


So my May Birch Box was okay. It didn't wow me and mostly I won't use any of this stuff really… Kind of a waste. But considering the review points and the deal I got on the year subscription, I am not that upset. Sometimes BB is amazing, other times not. But when it is.. it more than makes up for it.

I didn't do a cost break down because these are all sample sizes and not one full sized item this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment