Saturday, May 31, 2014

Lush Haul

I finally gave in to the hundreds of reviews I've been seeing recently going on and on about how wonderful Lush is. So I ordered a couple of things online to give it a shot. We have a Lush somewhat nearby (Okay..about 45 min away) but not near enough to warrant a trip through stop and go traffic due to construction.

I started out with Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter -$16.95. That's a lot of money for a tiny tub of gunk. But this stuff is great and I'm glad I tried it. You may have noticed in the past couple of nail polish pics that my cuticles are shot. We had over 40 days of -15 degree weather and my skin suffers a lot. I need all the help I can get. I keep this on my desk at work, slather my nails in it and keep on typing. The smell is like Suki's Exfoliating Scrub. If you've tried that (who hasn't?) and liked it, you'll like this.

I had to get Grease Lightning because along with the cold dry winters we also get muggy hot summers.  My face 'glistens' with oil more than I'd care to admit. I also have large pores and an oily complexion that makes me prone to acne. I don't get acne all the time but usually once a month for about a week (haha..wonder when that is) and then it is pretty darn bad. I am hoping this helps. So far I can't say for sure. This set me back $13.95. 


Below is the Stimulating and Reviving Minty Shampoo Bar -$11.95. This smells like cinnamon but the scent doesn't stick around. I've been using it every day for weeks and I haven't even made a dent! I cannot believe how long lasting this is. Most all natural shampoos have no lather and are hard to manage. This is not the case for this, it's bubbly and squishy and perfect. I chose this one because I have very thin hair that falls out constantly. This is supposed to stimulate your scalp to promote growth. I now need to figure out what to do with all the extra shampoos I have accrued.. because I don't think I will ever use anything else. The case for this was $3.95.


Most bath bombs are $4.95 and this was no exception. This one is a therapy bomb for sore muscles. Ever since a car accident I was in 10 years ago I have horrible back pain. I often sit in epsom salt baths and thought this would be fun. Honestly, this didn't do anything for me and I will stick to Epsom Salt.

I got a tiny Porridge Soap sample but I haven't tried it yet because it's teeny weeny.


 Other than the bath bomb I really loved what I got and I will for sure be repurchasing at least 2 of the items.


No comments:

Post a Comment